A native of New Iberia, Louisiana, Robin Sylvester gained invaluable legal experience at the law firms Stites & Harbison and Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman in Louisville, Kentucky. Nothing, however, could replace the family, friends, and culture at home, so she returned to south Louisiana in 2008, enjoying four years with Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith before forming the Sylvester Law Firm in 2012.
Ms. Sylvester works with businesses to prepare and negotiate contracts that foster profitable business arrangements while attempting to minimizing the risk of litigation. She has litigation experience in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, primarily in the fields of business disputes, business fraud, employment, and construction litigation. Ms. Sylvester represents a variety of businesses, including oil field service and supply companies, engineers and surveyors, communications providers, and construction companies. She is equally at ease in the courtroom and on an offshore rig inspection, earning her the trust and confidence of her clients’ employees at all levels.
• Louisiana States University Law School, 1991
• Louisiana State University, B.A., 1987
• State of Louisiana, 1991
• Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1995
• Middle, Eastern, and Western Districts of Louisiana
• United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• Preparation and negotiation of business and construction contracts
• Master Service Agreements
• Business litigation, arbitration, and mediation
• Construction defect litigation, arbitration, and mediation
• Preparation of employment contracts, manuals, and related documents
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Lafayette Bar Associations
• John M. Duhé Inn of Court
337-513-0504 | 241 1/2 La Rue France | Lafayette, LA 70508
©2020 Sylvester Law Firm. All Rights Reserved.